Khao Lak is one of the several Andaman Beach destinations that is a distinct destination of its own. Khao Lak, located just an hour’s drive north of Phuket Island, is one of Thailand’s most scenic resort destinations. The national parks here are surrounded by the hills that roll down this lovely stretch of coastline with beaches that extend for miles.
Due to Phuket’s growing recognition, it has become bustling with tourists, with many of its regular visitors wanting to find more serene and most comfortable beaches that epitomized the original Phuket. Fortunately, the business community of Thailand was compelled to build new resorts along the tranquil beaches an hour’s drive from Phuket airport.
The rise of Khao Lak
Despite the devastating tsunami catastrophe of 2004, Khao Lak has now secured a distinctive personality and appeal. It is now a major tourist destination in the province of Phang Nga. The boutique hotels – mostly three or four stars – replaced the bungalows, and the beaches are more stunning than ever before.
Khao Lak is a true Oasis for relaxation
With the splendid mix of cool tropical forests, superb beachfront accommodations, and vast white sandy beaches, Khao Lak still has a provincial vibe, as compared to Phuket. It is a haven to enjoy simple joys such as the scent of durian, the cheerful disposition of the Thai people, cheap massages, and many more.
Even though Khao Lak has several tourists’ attractions, the 25 kilometers of magnificent pristine beaches under the azure sky is the perfect place to find tranquility and relaxation. Motorized water sports such as jet skis are not allowed in the beaches to give way to the serenity and placidity of the place.
Khao Lak is all about Beaches
Khao Lak has miles of stunning white sandy beaches surrounded by wooded hills. It may not be as beautiful as the beaches in Krabi or Phuket, but Khao Lak beaches are pristine and tranquil. Below are eight must-visit beaches in Khao Lak:
- Khao Lak Beach South – This beach is located on the Southside. It is a small village stretch on the highway, running parallel to the beach, which is about three hundred meters inland.
- Khao Lak Beach North – This beach is the most beautiful, with trees that create a calm natural effect. The beach is optimal for swimming during high tide.
- Nang Thong Beach – Located between Bang Niang Beach and Khao Lak, Nang Thong Beach is a one-kilometer strip of shops and restaurant bars. Once the sun sets, La On Village, which is the main shopping, nightlife, and dining destination, comes alive. Nang Thong Beach offers tourists all the convenience and comfort in one place while stuck between the glistening blue sea of the Andaman and rainforest-covered hills.
- Bang Niang Beach – While most beachfront here is developed, Bang Niang Beach still offers that strong hint of the local touch. It is one of the busiest beaches and primarily a backpacker destination. Laid-back atmosphere, friendly nightlife, and idyllic beach are the things that make Bang Niang Beach a prime destination in Khao Lak.
- Kheuk Khak Beach – This has a 6 km stretch of beach, and it is one of the quietest beaches. Kheuk Kak Beach only has a few resorts tucked among the palm groves and pine trees. As most tourists say, this beach “marks the end of civilization and the start of endless stretches of near-nothingness.”
- Pakweep Beach – After passing the Pakarang (Coral) Peninsula, the coast sweeps back to create a long, curving string of very attractive beaches. Specific sectors are separated by streams emptying right over the sandy beach, and one more small headland. There are many big trees at the top of the beach for shade.
- Bang Sak Beach – This beach is recommended for those who love complete solitude, serenity, and tranquility because there are no restaurants, shopping villages, or any form of entertainment on this beach.
- Kho Kho Kao – Similar to the Bang Sak Beach, this beach is perfect for meditation and for people who want to isolate themselves for a short while from the hustle and bustle of the city life.
Khao Lak has grown to become a city that attracts many tourists from around the world. With its pristine beaches and varying accommodations, you will surely have a wonderful time here.
If you’re looking to book our beachfront resort in Khao Lak, get in touch with us today! We are a luxury resort that will make you feel right at home.